Wellness Exams for Pets
in Altadena, CA
Maintaining your pet's good health requires more than a balanced diet and frequent exercise. At Altadena Pet Hospital, we place a strong emphasis on pet wellness care. This involves taking a comprehensive, personalized approach to your pet's treatment so that they can live their longest, healthiest life.
Our veterinary team advises semiannual pet wellness exams for dogs, cats, and exotic animals. These routine visits allow us to record any health changes and detect underlying problems that may have just recently appeared. The sooner we can diagnose a problem, the sooner we can treat it and prevent its progression.
New Client Promotion
Pet's First Exam
Are you and your pet new to Altadena Pet Hospital? We would like to welcome you with a $25 discount on your first pet wellness exam with us! Our team looks forward to caring for their health and well-being.
Pet Wellness Packages
Every pet is different; from their size, species and color, to their everyday lifestyle. Therefore, we tailor every patient's medical treatments to only suit their specific needs. Our dedicated veterinarian and support staff will take time to help you create a wellness plan that is customized for your pet only. Complete pet wellness care encompasses the following:
- Semiannual Wellness Exams: We recommend seeing pets of all ages every six months for a nose-to-tail physical wellness exam. This includes checking the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, skin, coat, joints, limbs and tail for unusual changes.
- Senior Care: Senior pets require more frequent care from their veterinarian, as they can develop various age-related problems including cat and dog arthritis, dog and cat diabetes and heart disease. Their treatment may involve digital X-rays and blood screenings to assess their health and detect or monitor ongoing problems.
- Vaccinations: Routine vaccinations are a key factor in disease prevention. Your veterinarian will help you choose the most appropriate vaccine schedule for your pet's health and lifestyle needs.
- Blood Work: Regular blood work allows us to examine your pet's internal systems for signs of change and to identify hidden issues. Additionally, blood work helps us create a more complete record of your pet's overall health status.
- Oral Exams: We will always take the time to examine your pet's oral cavity during their wellness exam. Many pets are prone to developing issues with their teeth and gums due to a lack of proper hygiene. If we catch a problem in its earliest stages, we can halt its progress with proper treatment.
- Pet Nutrition: A weight check is performed at every wellness exam to check for signs of weight gain/loss. We can then offer diet recommendations as needed to improve or maintain their health.
- Parasite Prevention and Control: Each wellness exam also includes testing your pet for parasites, including heartworms and roundworms. We offer deworming medications, along with a variety of quality preventatives.
We are so happy to be a client of the Altadena Pet Hospital. Dr. Sahi and his incredible staff have treated our two Babies Dodger Dog and Baby cat. It’s like an extended family. The staff is very attentive and loving towards our animals. They treat all the animals, as if they are their own.
Romi and Marina